[Ambassadors] thinking about 2009

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 13:52:05 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 6:14 PM, Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hello Ambassadors,
>
> With the FAmSCo election coming up in a few weeks, I think it is worth
> having a discussion about what FAmSCo's mission should be for the coming
> year, the ways FAmSCo is useful, and the places that it needs to improve.
>
> Please share your thoughts on any of the following topics.
>
> (1) Do you like the "regional accountability" model that we are trying to
> create for Ambassadors?  This means having recognized leaders in each part
> of the world who are responsible for making sure that Ambassadors in that
> region get the resources that they need?

+1
That decreases the turn around time significantly.

> (2) Are the regional IRC meetings useful for organizing events and getting
> things done?  Does this model mean that FAmSCo is not needed for event
> organization?

1st question, no opinion.
And for the second, there should be someone monitoring the whole
situation. FAmSCo is fine and doing good.

> (3) What do you think FAmSCo should focus on?

Accountability and availability of Ambassadors.
A much debated topic, but I feel that is important.
That is, to make sure people does not subscribe as Ambassadors and sit back.
(I won't participate in _any_ debate, but this is my personal view.)

> (4) How can FAmSCo do a better job of serving you or your region?

Here in India, (may be also in APAC and other regions too) I think we
could do better if we can specifically target the student audience.
They (well, most of them) are often _misguided_ and _discouraged_ to
participate. Also they are generally cluless about where to start
from. But they are willing to do something that they can show others.

If we can provide them with some problems/works to start with, we can
tap a lot of talents.
Everyone we reach out to won't be contributors, still we can get a lot
of new people into our project.

Thanks.
--
Regards,