[Ambassadors] During some of my review of the Fedora 12 "Constantine, " Fedora 12 Talking Points. :)

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh.goorah at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 00:38:35 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 1:27 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> FEL is a useful spin but it is very much a niche audience. Would you say
> its unfair to promote only one spin?

No actually, it is the task of any spin contributor to seek a proper
simple and straight forward paragraph for this talking point wiki
page.  They are the ones who know what are the user's expectations
from they features they are claiming.

It is not unfair to promote only one spin ifother spin contributor of
a spin team didn't get respectively contents on the wiki page.
I did it for FEL. I find it unfair that the Fedora Project leader removed it.

Also I find the reasons of Mel and yours not compatible for a
justification of such removal. Here I'm talking about the removal of
this FEL paragraph content, but I would _not_ hope the same case for
any other spin.

> I understand your point but IMO, you should use your spin page to
> promote the spin. That's really the best place for spin specific content.

You are confusing : spin specific content and spin F-12 specific content.

spin specific content = global information about the spin
spin F-12 specific content = workdone concerning the spin _during_ the
development cycle of F-12

>> So why do we need a "Talking Points" wiki page if it would be an
>> enhanced copy of the feature list ?
>
> Feature list pages are useful for coordination of the development
> itself. Talking points is more end user focussed. That's a important
> difference.

Isn't it what I said (which you cut)?

Chitlesh