[Ambassadors] a fedora feature criticized

Diego Escobar dezone24 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 13:06:24 UTC 2009

Maybe this is not the corrrect list for this question. But also, I had the
problem "Could not detect stabilization, wait 10 second".

I understand there is an update fixing this. I installed from testing respo,
but currently I dont know if it is stable now.

Maybe this works for you: (Spanish)

http://www.rubin-de-celis.com/blog/2008/12/26/error-en-fedora-10-could-not-detect-stabilization/

2009/2/13 gopal das <mr.gopal.das at gmail.com>

> On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 11:34 PM, Christoph Wickert <
> christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Preface: Ambassadors-list is not the right place for technical
>> discussions. Use fedora-devel instead.
>>
>> Am Freitag, den 06.02.2009, 15:16 +0530 schrieb gopal das:
>> > Perhaps nobody will unhappy if a system starts up within 1 minuet when
>> > various services and scripts has been started correctly, attached new
>> > hardware detection is ok, other crucial job such as successfully
>> > scanning the whole file systems with huge data on it, successfully
>> > starts virtualization platform etc. But Surely everybody will annoyed
>> > when a system starts up within 20 second where without one of the said
>> > crucial jobs.
>>
>> If you criticize the 20 sec startup then please provide at least enough
>> information for others to verify your critique. So which if the jobs you
>> mentioned is not run?
>>
>> > In this regard myself and some of my close friends have experienced a
>> > start up problem (within 7 days I will confirm this is a bug or not)
>> > during testing the Fedora 10 final on both i386 and 64 platform.
>>
>> If you told us what is going wrong in your opinion we could maybe tell
>> you if it's a bug or a feature. BTW: Fedora 10 had 30 second startup.
>> targeted, this is something different than the 20 second startup
>> feature.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Christoph
>>
>> --
>>

> Hi,
> I have installed Fedora 10 (nearly 12 times) on 5 desktop PCs (including 2
> NOs. of AMD X2 and 2 NOs. of Intel Core 2 Duo and 1 Intel Pentium 4). In
> every installation I tested with ACPI on and off. But on each case a message
> has shown at the starting poing of the booting, like this  "Could not detect
> stabilization, wait 10 second" . And even once or twice booting not started
> after count down the five seconds of grub menu and I need to restart the PC
> with CPU button.
> But previously I installed Fedora 8 and Fedora 9 on those PCs and they
> booted fine without any trouble. And the thing which creating all the
> trouble that may be the new booting technology ("30 second startup" feature
> is introduced in Fedora 10).
> I am of course not against the faster booting (30 second 20 whatever it is)
> but confused with the big big quistion, is that, why this king of booting
> problem is occuring to a system (with Fedora 10) which is booting fine with
> Fedora 8 or Fedora 9 or Debian or Slackware?
>

> Cheers
> Gopal Das
> Fedora India Ambassador

Diego Escobar
Fedora Ambassador for Colombia
Fedora Release 10 (Cambridge): Linux Kernel 2.6.27 + KDE 4.2