[Ambassadors] FAmNA Meeting Summary from 2009-07-07

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 02:54:47 UTC 2009

* Announcements

   - none

* Events [https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents]

   - New Mexico GNU/LinuxFest

     dthomasdigital reports a new date of December 19

   - OSCON

     inode0 points people at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OSCON_2009
     and asks for booth volunteers

* Budget Review [https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/NA/Budget]

   - inode0 reports splatter t-shirts have arrived, media is in limbo,
     and banners for the event boxes are still being investigated

   - inode0 requests funding for a Fedora logo fathead - approved

* Tasks [https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/NA/Tasks]

   - inode0 requests people record their work on the task page and observed
     that we haven't had a guest speaker in 5 months

* Open Floor

   - Discussion about the state of media for F11

   - slipp3d asked a great question about bringing new ambassadors up to
     speed and helping them overcome a feeling of being overwhelmed

   - inode0 reports on the tattoos making their way to FUDcon EMEA and FUDcon
     LATAM and thanks davdunc again for making these happen and brightening
     the day of Fedora folks around the world

   - Several mentioned the tremendous response the new Fedora case badges are
     receiving as well and we thank dthomasdigital for making those happen

   - Some discussion of the Atlanta Linux Fest and a request for Fedora
     lanyards for the event (inode0 likes the idea of lining up a Fedora
     lanyard vendor for future use anyway)

I would again like to thank all the participants, especially the new
ambassadors joining us for the first time tonight.