[Ambassadors] New Project: Blur

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 12:12:29 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 09:10:59AM +0200, Joerg Simon wrote:
> On Sunday 12 July 2009 23:39:28 Braden Faulkner wrote:
> > Let me know what you guys think.
> > http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/blur
>
> "The Blur project is designed stop the fragmentation between the different
> Linux communities and to initiate a collaborative whole effort between
> distributions and the entire Linux community. The Fedora project is the
> starting distribution, as it is innovative and all around the perfect place to
> start the "synergy". "
>
> What does the Fedora Board say to this?
>
> I think this has not much to do with the Fedora Project and it seems the wrong
> way to put our power in it. I was crowing up in such a egalitarian
> system(country) and the only thing what you will achive is stagnation, i like
> competition and the freedom to do things in different ways.

I don't think this idea is defined enough to ask for input from the
Fedora Board right now.

My personal opinion is that much of what people call fragmentation is
more a matter of differences in focus between communities.  And that
is not necessarily a bad thing.  Free and open source communities can
continue learning from each other without having to be exactly like
one another.  Freedom of choice is a strength, not a weakness.