[Ambassadors] Need Help

Mon Jun 29 00:16:13 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 1:01 PM, Zaid Chauhan - Fedora
Ambassador<zaidchauhan at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> By efforts Around 300 to 350 students started to use fedora , they have no
> larger problems but some little because open source products like "Office
> and etc." are little different then Xp . but they enjoying piracy free
> unique Product,

Would it be possible for you to tell more about how you continue
interaction with them ? If you use a mailing list, please do pass the
link to the archives off-list if you prefer. Since these are Fedora
users in India, are they on fedora-india mailing list ? What release
of Fedora are they using ? Have many moved to F11 ? Do they have sound
or, graphics card related problems ? Would you like to learn how to
organize a Test Day so as to motivate them to contribute ? How many
use the desktop in their local language ? Have you checked out if
Fedora is available in your local language ? What do they use the
desktop for ? Are there any packages/software they wish to have but is
currently not in the distribution ?

> Can we have talk on Phone ,
> Because i am new at Fedora and i have not local mentor to guide me,

The mentors for India are Kushal (kushal at fedoraproject dot org),
Rahul (sundaram at fedoraproject dot org) and Susmit (susmit at
fedoraproject dot org), please take time to get in touch with at least
one of them (I know you have written to Rahul about the event) so as
to ensure that they can help you.

> Every thing is come around how i set up the Event and how to get all
> necessary things for it,
> Example : I have to create Banners & etc. or it is provided by Fedora ?

And, I repeat, I'd like to see a plan. For example, what content would
you like to put on the banner ? Have you discussed that with the
Marketing folks ? What should be the content of the flyer ? What is
the cost per unit of it if you produce it locally, how many would you
like to produce ?

The above are questions I have been putting forward for a while,
please take time to come up with a proper event plan, including
whether you'd like to coordinate with other Ambassadors/Contributors
(from India) who can be present at the event and, help you make a
point.

> Can you mail me some important materials (videos of previous events,
> speeches, etc.) so i can get more idea about it

I guess this is the moment when we take a step back and exhort you to
communicate with a mentor. The Fedora Planet and, this mailing list
have had a number of such mails and, a mentor should be able to lead
you through this.

> Fedora's
> Hardworking Ambassador  - Zaid Chauhan

I would recommended that you drop the "Hardworking" part please. It
might seem to be funny but it is not. We have a large base of
Ambassadors and, all of them work hard, the qualifier is somewhat
redundant.