[Ambassadors] Need Help

Mon Jun 29 03:32:57 UTC 2009

2009/6/29 Pablo Bernabè Barrera <pbarrera91 at gmail.com>:

>> I would recommended that you drop the "Hardworking" part please. It
>> might seem to be funny but it is not. We have a large base of
>> Ambassadors and, all of them work hard, the qualifier is somewhat
>> redundant.
>>

> A pervasive problem, permanent, when someone ask for help to community,
> marking correction, giver orders
> and critize signs, but i didnt found in your message something like "how we
> can help you out"...

Umm... to ask that one has to know what work is going on isn't it ? :)
I would request that you read through the responses (from me) in this
thread. There are plenty of leading queries which would help Zaid form
a response.

> ..or something like "good work" how can we contribute", no, just "orders"
> and mailing lists, and other things....

Yes. If you do read up how we work with the Ambassadors out of India,
we generally ask that they subscribe to the fedora-india list. It
helps to foster a group that shares knowledge. As regards "good work",
you seem to have missed the response from Susmit. We get to know of
work done when the Ambassador talks about them. By Zaid's own
admission, he has been busy in other things for the past 2 months.
Since we released a new distribution with spanking new features and,
enormous media coverage, it would be imperative for him to come up to
speed.

For example, as an audience in Zaid's presentation (which has been
requested to be shared), would you prefer to have crisp responses and
an overall awareness of the project or, would you prefer otherwise ?
To all extents and purposes, Ambassadors define the perception of
Fedora in the minds of the users, potential users, contributors and,
potential contributors. If we, as a group, do not strive for
excellence, we fail not only ourselves but the Fedora Project.

> I think that "hardworker" is not a bad sign. If he considers hard worker,
> its nice...

Absolutely, but like all badges, it need not be flaunted. We live in
deeds, not words.

> Anyway dont worry ive contacted that boy to RMS and Free Software Foundation
> India, for sure this people will help them
> more than our help....asking him "sign slongan removals"....

I appreciate that. There are multiple FSF groups in India, which one
did you point him to by the way ? :)