[Ambassadors] User pages of Ambassadors

Fabian Affolter fab at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 11 19:11:00 UTC 2009

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) schrieb:
>> feedback ... not sure if its the script or my account settings ...
>> but my account doesn't show up on [1] ... i have a valid page and i also
>> have a "nicely formatted" full name on the FAS :P
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Royong
>
> Same here (FAS account is bochecha)
>
> By the way, do we really want to prevent Ambassadors to write their
> name the correct way (i.e. with cyrillic characters if that's the way
> it is supposed to be written) ?

Everybody is free to write down his/her name as she/he like.  We
actually don't prevent anything.  It's more a suggestion.  The
background is that most of us are not able to read 'კონსტანტინე
ქაროსანიძე' or '系统。如果希望下载' but 'Fabian Affolter' or 'Mathieu
Bridon'.
Some Fedora Contributor are doing it like this:  First their name in
Latin letters then in the 'real' way -> 'Hugo Meier (აროსანიძე)'

Fabian

--
Fingerprint: 2F6C 930F D3C4 7E38 6AFA 4EB4 E23C D2DD 36A4 397F

Fedora always leads and never follows.