[Ambassadors] User pages of Ambassadors

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 12 09:07:09 UTC 2009

>> By the way, do we really want to prevent Ambassadors to write their
>> name the correct way (i.e. with cyrillic characters if that's the way
>> it is supposed to be written) ?
>
> Everybody is free to write down his/her name as she/he like.  We
> actually don't prevent anything.  It's more a suggestion.  The
> background is that most of us are not able to read 'კონსტანტინე
> ქაროსანიძე' or '系统。如果希望下载' but 'Fabian Affolter' or 'Mathieu
> Bridon'.
> Some Fedora Contributor are doing it like this:  First their name in
> Latin letters then in the 'real' way -> 'Hugo Meier (აროსანიძე)'

Oh, I'm sorry.

This made me think it was a technical requirement for the script:
"If your name does not show up in this list, edit your 'Full name'
field in the FAS and fill in your first name and your last name in a
readable form (don't use Cyrillic, Chinese, or other than Latin
characters)."

Thanks for clarifying.

Regards,

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin