[Ambassadors] mentorship, sponsorship, etc.

Satyajit satyajit at nerdshack.com
Sun Mar 29 12:33:23 UTC 2009

Hi,

     I have been an ambassador for more than a year now, but honestly
have not been able to contribute in ways I thought I would when I
joined. My only contribution would be a little help here and there in
spreading the word of Fedora to friends, colleges, students. I have also
helped in burning cds and installation.

     Honestly the difficulties I faced were mainly I did not have anyone
to account to. I believe that we can come up with plans but with work
pressure and other factors plans can go wasted if we are not accountable
to some body. I did not have a schedule as what are the possibilities I
could achieve in a year or a given time.

     I do meticulously read the threads in the list, but that's all. I
do want to be involved but I am not very clear on how I could do things.
I did write a mail on it and did get a suggestion to get into
infrastructure, but then again I was clueless there too. I did send a
mail to that list but did not get any replies. I do understand we all
have busy schedules, but the idea of a mentor would be good. As one with
more experience in the group will definitely be able to see capabilities
in one with lesser experience and be able to guide that person.

     Currently I am in Bangkok, Thailand. The meeting schedule comes up
on the time I am unable to attend. With just another ambassador in the
area I really am clueless in promoting fedora beyond my work place. I
have been successful at work getting one of the servers to run on fedora
and many other machines too. I would love to do more.

Satyajit Ranjeev