[Ambassadors] Need some help on "[Fedora-freemedia-list] What Now James?"

Frank Murphy (Frankly3D) frankly3d at gmail.com
Tue May 5 22:19:58 UTC 2009

On 05/05/09 21:26, inode0 wrote:

> Private lists aren't available for the public to read so most people
> won't be able to read them. This has been raised with the fedora board
> and they are the authoritative source of how such things should be
> handled anyway.

+1

> I do think there is an important question not raised in this thread
> though. How can ambassadors help their fellow ambassadors and other
> fedora contributors who happen to be residents of embargoed nations?

I believe the question was on the minds of most contributors,
thought not committed to type.

> Frankly I think we did a very poor job of being ambassadors in this
> case, but that might largely be the result of our not knowing what our
> boundaries are in cases like this.

I would disagree here, most of us know,
that  when we joined the Fedoraproject,
it was under certain conditons including:
legal stuff.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/Download/ExportRegulations

which as Ambassadors, we also have to comply with,

But the unfortunate thing, from a free-media pov they can cause
personal dilemmas.

Putting my heart on my shirt,
I personally don't agree with denying legitimate software to anyone.
Notwithstanding that, as an individaul,
I cannot put my ideal world, over the harsh reality.

The best they can be done as an Ambassador,
is to hope for change in the legal\political arena.

Frank

--
msn: frankly3d  skype: frankly3d
Still Learning