Minutes from FDSCo (31 May 2005)
kwade at redhat.com
Fri Jun 3 20:23:14 UTC 2005
Fedora Documentation Steering Committee (FDSCo)
31-MAY-2005 #fedora-docs on irc.freenode.net
Karsten Wade (Chair)
* FC4 Release notes status
* FC4 Installation Guide status
* Documentation Guide thoughts (time coming soon)
* Tools status
FDP: Separate release notes by arch to be tackled for FC5test1, will
discuss viability first, tabled for a few weeks
Karsten: Karsten to post final FC4 relnotes to wiki.
FDP: List needs to consider packaging documentation for FC5. RPMs for
* Separate RPMs per manual?
* One or separate SRPMs?
* htmlview useful, not a dependency?
* yelp connection?
FDP: Post your ideas for the Documentation Guide to Wiki:
* Work on this guide to continue within a few weeks
* Paul will call for a DOCG focused meeting for the FDSCo, probably
FDP: Documentation Project focus is on making the toolchain work on
current base release plus released updates.
* DocBook wiki might help resolve disparate systems problems
FDP: Writer's different environments causing small problems already.
* Can we post process somewhere in the CVS commits chain?
cf. indent for C
* How can we use xmldiff
Karsten: Discuss xmldiff and post-processing of XML with Elliott
Paul: Documentation Guide example tutorial shall illustrate almost
everything in the Documentation Guide itself.
* Release notes
* New process went well
* Beats all worked out, XML infrastructure in place, making next
* Installation Guide
* Never complete, but shippable
* Can the IG appear next to README for FC4? (follow up: no)
* XSL patched to support no chunks
* Thanks to James Laska
Karsten Wade, RHCE * Sr. Tech Writer * http://people.redhat.com/kwade/
gpg fingerprint: 2680 DBFD D968 3141 0115 5F1B D992 0E06 AD0E 0C41
Red Hat SELinux Guide
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
More information about the fedora-announce-list