Future of Bluecurve & Partial Bluecurve Guidelines Available (was Re: bluecurve)

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Mon Apr 10 04:20:18 UTC 2006

On Apr 7, 2006, at 11:55 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> It's my hope that we don't end up using the Tango icons if
> Bluecurve gets ditched, though. I think we need our own look.

It's interesting to see what the Ubuntu crowd is doing here

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DapperUbuntuIcons

including the ten priority levels... Anyway, I bet that if you
replaced, say, the 50 (just to pick a number) "most important" or
"most visible" [1] icons with Fedora specific ones, I bet you can
still maintain our own look and/or brand while reaping all the
benefits of the Tango project. Definitely something to consider I'd say.

     David

[1] : like the audio volume, computer, folder, drive/media/cdrom
icons, gnome-power-manager icons [2], NetworkManager icons [3] to
start with (I'm not particular fond of the g-p-m nor the NM tangofied
icons...)

[2] : http://jimmac.musichall.cz/i.php?i=PowerManager

[3] : http://jimmac.musichall.cz/i.php?i=NetworkManager