FreeArt license compatible with GPL and Fedora Project?

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Tue Aug 8 07:48:25 UTC 2006

tir, 08 08 2006 kl. 15:34 +0800, skrev Luya Tshimbalanga:
> I stumbled on that license by playing with Inkscape. I am wondering if
> that license is compatible with GPL and can be used for Fedora Project.
> Here is the page:
>
> http://artlibre.org/licence/lal/en/

According to fsf.org:

Free Art License

        This is a free and copyleft license meant for artistic works. It
        permits commercial distribution, but any larger work including
        the copylefted work must be free. Please don't use it for
        software or documentation, since it is incompatible with the GNU
        GPL and with the GNU FDL.