Testing out the theme

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Tue Aug 29 15:24:26 UTC 2006

Rahul wrote:
> This does not appear to be a tarball in a format that I can drop into
> gnome theme manager preferences dialog to test it. If the theme is
> relatively complete by now, it would be useful to create a RPM and
> submit it for review, get into rawhide and provide updates as we progress.
>
> Are you guys planning to include it before test 3 release or is it
> undecided yet whether we would be using this icon set as default for
> Fedora Core 6?

I would argue (as others have a lot more loudly) that this really isn't
ready to be a default icon theme (at least in its current state altho
there's still *some* time) and its development seems to be at the
detriment of the rest of the artwork. The rest of the artwork (GDM,
wallpaper, etc) could have been ready easily....

...but the process by which one gets (non-icon) artwork into the
distribution remains muddily-defined & mysterious despite the
contributions of several community members. *Extremely* frustrating.
Looks like we'll be stuck with Fedora bubbles again.