Puplet icon != Bluecurve

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Thu Jun 15 15:48:59 UTC 2006

Joachim Frieben wrote:
> With yesterday's rawhide updates, the yum update daemon got installed.
> Consequently, a notification icon appears in the panel when updates are
> available. One notices immediately that the brown box icon does not fit at
> all the default Fedora "Bluecurve" icon theme. Moreover, it's barely
> recognizable as the object that it is meant to represent. It's rather dark
> and too small. I had seen the icon drafts earlier and at a bigger size.
> Otherwise I probably wouldn't have guessed ..

Just to add to this discussion, there are two blog posts regarding the new icons
that Nicola pointed out to me:

http://koolinus.wordpress.com/2006/06/14/puplet

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2006/06/12/yum-applet-in-development/

Nicola, for your benefit the archives have the full thread this is in reply to:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2006-June/msg00019.html

--
Máirín Duffy <duffy at redhat.com>
Interaction Designer