Puplet icon != Bluecurve

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Jun 16 06:00:06 UTC 2006

nicola -kOoLiNuS- losito wrote:

> Now i think that "we" have to decide if we want to draw a fedora-icon or
> a general pourpose one, and then in the first case maybe we can play
> with the fedora bubble ?

I do not think using the bubble in the puplet status icon is a god idea,
i think is a slippery slope: use the bubble for update status, for
network status, for whatever other functionality and suddenly the
desktop is all bubbles, hard to distinct the purpose of each of them.
More, at this small screen size, is very hard (impossible?) to use
something else than simple and clear shapes and still have something
recognizable - take as and example the SUSE icon mentioned in your blog
(http://koolinus.wordpress.com/2006/06/14/puplet), for me as an non-SUSE
user, it is completely unrecognizable, i can't  tell its purpose from
the way it looks.

--
nicu