Copyright notice on anaconda splash image

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Sun Nov 26 02:13:32 UTC 2006

A Q that came in mind in the past and again with John's (really nice) theme
proposals. Why do we have the Copyright text on the left side of the Anaconda
splash image?

I understand the purpose of it, but it clearly distracts the focus from the
splash image and I feel that it's not the best place for a copyright notice. I
think the relevant section on our website (/Legal) is sufficient for those
parties interested about the legal issues (99.9% of the users don't).

If we really want to give credits for the graphics on the screens (which I don't
think we should), it would probably be better to say something like "Graphics
courtesy of the Fedora Artwork Project".

Of course, there is no need to say how much I appreciate the work many Red Hat
folks are doing on the graphics side; our artwork is one of the best out there
and the help from these folks is tremendous.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/