Thinking ahead to round 2

John Baer baerjj at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 17:56:38 UTC 2006

All,

As December 4th approaches I have some thoughts on round 2 of the Fedora
Core 7 Theme process.

* I am assuming the result of round 1 will be a decision on the theme and I
am expecting most
or all of the artwork will need to be created.

With this in mind I suggest every art design that needs to be created have
it's own wiki page to hold the submissions of round 2.

For example, an art design category could be wallpaper.

Another could be the grub boot splash.

I would place the current image on the page as a reference and to remind
submitters of the status quo. I would also place any design comments that
may be appropriate such as the size or color restrictions.

I would also include a wiki page for the CD/DVD and cover.

With this infrastructure in place art members may submit candidates for
round 2. This would also let everyone know where we need to focus our
efforts. As an example if the grub splash wiki is lacking candidates then a
plea can be made to the group for help. If new members arrive this should
make it easy for them to join the effort.

In addition, I would note the images from the proof of concept may or may
not be apart of round 2.

I envision the result of all of this to be a set of images for each image
category. The final images would come from this group with any last minute
tweaking.

If this approach is reasonable and agreeable I would ask Diana (?) to
prepare the wiki pages with the current images and any other submission
detail we may need.

Last thought, if there are any changes coming as a result of the Fedora
summit perhaps a master/title wiki page would be appropriate stating the
changes. {I heard a rumor the word "core" was being dropped?) Comments
relative to the theme could be placed here as well.

Cheers,

John