Official Fedora Core 6 media labels

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Mon Oct 16 16:02:51 UTC 2006

Hi Rahul & everybody,

I just uploaded the labels I put together for Max & Jack here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/CDArt

They needed something to send to the printer last week - I wasn't really
happy with my original submission, and some of the other artwork didn't
have formats I could work with to get into the proper format for the
printer (some of them also used a bolder version of the Fedora logo
which we can't use.) I had to make a lot of quick decisions and
formatting work so this is how things ended up:

The sleeve now corresponds with the 3D art Mola did for the release and
the DVD label has the original DNA strand artwork. I'm attaching larger
PNGs of the artwork so you can take a look.

Everyone, I'm very sorry for all the last-minute changes - I've asked
Max & Jack to contact the list rather than individual artists in the
future so we'll all be better able to stay in the loop. I'm also trying
to figure out at what point in the release schedule should we work to
have the artwork finalized & formatted by for FC 7.

In general, as a team I think we're making great progress - we've gotten
community artwork into the distro for the first time which I think is a
big step. To get better though, we need better organization. For the
DVD/CD artwork, for example, I think we should have a single person as
'owner' to organize the work so there's less chaos/confusion and so it's
done on time and in the right format. I think for all artwork maybe we
could try to hold critiques/review sessions to hash out the issues
before it's too late to use the artwork.

How long do we have until FC 7? ;-) Let's up it a notch for then!