[FC7 theme proposal] Fedora Borealis Round 1

seawolf iamseawolf at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 11:15:20 UTC 2006

On 31/10/06, Máirín Duffy <duffy at redhat.com> wrote:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fc7ThemeProposalFedoraBorealis

Nice idea for the concept, following the obvious in-trend atm with a
pure, minimalistic look.

Personally, I'm in two minds about it.
My main gripe is with applications that have a darker background, such
as the terminal, it makes the title bar and menus look too big. The SS
on the original theme page [1] shows what I mean well.
I loved the FC5 titlebar as it separated the application from
everything else because the colour was totally different. I wonder if
there was a slightly blue gradient on the title bar or something just
to separate it a bit as well as keeping it in line with the overall FC
colours. I'm currently using KDE with the Polyester theme [2] which
seems, if you like, a less-modern version. Smooth blend [3] I feel is
half-way, just with horrible buttons.
If I have time later today I'll have a fiddle in GIMP.

The window content, however, looks nice. Simple and fitting.

[1]  http://www.gnome-look.org/content/preview.php?preview=1&id=19390&file1=19390-1.jpg&file2=&file3=&name=Milk+flat+-+blue
[2]  http://www.kde-look.org/content/preview.php?preview=2&id=27731&file1=27731-1.png&file2=27731-2.png&file3=&name=Plastik+Classic
[3]  http://www.kde-look.org/content/preview.php?preview=1&id=21107&file1=21107-1.png&file2=21107-2.png&file3=&name=Smooth+Blend

--