DNA theme for new FC6 browser splash page

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Tue Sep 19 14:31:13 UTC 2006

O/H Máirín Duffy έγραψε:
> So I'm not really sure how much leeway we have with the logo guidelines
> at all. Since it's still intellectually the property of Red Hat and by
> using it we are bound to the guidelines we agreed to when we received
> the files, we really can't change the guidelines.

I think the logo is just fine. Guidelines should be for keeping things under
control, not stifling innovation.

Besides, things aren't just black and white, it's not like either you follow or
break the rules. The only thing that diverges from the guidelines is the white
outline of the circle.

I would be really disappointed of someone jumped out and argued that those rules
are 100% rigid, even for inside-Fedora projects. Instead of this, I would prefer
something like "So, fedora-artwork concluded that the current guidelines don't
contrast well with dark backgrounds. Since this logo is a fedora-artwork
approved solution, we'll incorporate this into the guidelines".

Concerning the theme decision:

I asked a few people, most of them preferred the original suggestions: v3b and
v3e (Máirín Duffy's better version of v3d). I think the best thing to do is to
keep the light theme (v3b), since it goes better with the internet's white
background, and try putting a DNA-dark footer.

-dim

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/