F8 artwork update

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Aug 28 06:54:06 UTC 2007

Máirí­n Duffy wrote:

> The only absolutely essential artwork we do not have checked in or ready
> to check in for F8 test 2 is GDM. I'm not sure what to do about it; Avio
> [2] looks nice - what do you think if we used that with a theme-specific
> background? Does anybody have any other ideas for GDM? As an absolute
> fallback we can go with the current one and simply replace the Flying
> High background as Nicu suggested. It doesn't look bad, but I'd like to
> see something different if we can do it. If anybody has a mockup I can
> implement it so we're not bound to use something that's already been
> implemented.

Yes, Avio looks nice *if* we reduce the number of buttons, otherwise it
is too busy.
I liked the use of transparent areas in F7's Flying High, so I favor the
middle version of the 3 Avio screenshots (it also looks a little less
Vista-like).

> Other stuff that's not super essential but nice-to-have and hopefully
> we'll have ready for test 3:
>
> - gnome splash
> - kde splash

With the GNOME splash *not* enabled by default I think we are just fine
using the upstream splash.