KDE: Default Style

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Tue Dec 4 10:45:53 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 10:26 +0100, Laith Juwaidah wrote:
> -1
>
> I don't think they should be identical. Let's face it! KDE has better
> looks than GNOME, and that was one of the reasons why I am using KDE,
Let's face the fact that this is quite subjective. The default KDE look
seems to me like unfinished work, while the default GNOME look
(Clearlooks) is polished and professional. One of the reasons I don't
use KDE is that it looked ugly to me with every theme I tried. KDE4
seems to be getting better, we'll see...

>  now that KDE4 is on the way, it will have even more power, and I
> really don't think we should take that away from KDE users just
> because GNOME can't do that!

Default theme is not about power. It is about clean a professional look.
Eyecandy like animations, reflections, ... sure does more harm than
good. Try to use one theme for several years. With most of the themes
out in the wild you'll get bored of them after few months, while
Clearlooks is the exact opposite, and I hope Nodoka is going to be same
in that way.