Branding Wallpaper

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Jan 26 12:21:14 UTC 2007

Uno Engborg wrote:

> To me, less branding would be better. People who see our artwork have
> allready chosen Fedora and probably doesn't need to
> be reminded of it all that much.  It is also slightly disrespectful to

Unobtrusive branding is good, think at this scenario: a Fedora wallpaper
look so good that an Ubuntu user decide to put it on his desktop. Why
not unobtrusively remind him the source of the artwork?

But "branding" may not mean absolutely the inclusion of the logo, it may
be done only by choosing specific colours or non-logo graphics (like a
balloon if the overall theme is a derivative of FlyingHigh)

> high jack splash screens of other projekts such as OpenOffice, or
> KDE apps unless the fedora team have made some significant contribution
> to that app that makes it noticalbly different from
> the uppstream version.

Well, Red Hat/Fedora have *major* contributions to GNOME, OpenOffice.org
   and OOo in Fedora is very different compared with the one from Sun.

--
nicu