Request: User Image Submissions - Deadline March 15, 2007

Diana Fong dfong at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 15:37:29 UTC 2007

John Baer wrote:
> Diana wrote:
>
>     The user submissions, which were originally to be uploaded to
>     OpenClipArt, are now being relocated to GNOME-look.org. Please
>     note the
>     change in location and upload information. I've updated my
>     previous blog
>     post [1] with the relevant information, so please reread and
>     resubmit.
>     If you've emailed me directly, then I'll just repost your
>     submission. My
>     apologies for any inconvenience and thank you again for your patience
>     and participation.
>
> Diana,
>
> Just a point of clarification on image sizes. The target size for face
> browser is 96x96px. :)
>
> In addition you would like images scaled down to 48x48px {?} and
> scaled up to (192x192, 384x384) {?}.
>
> OR
>
> Would you prefer the svg?
>
> Help?
>
> John

If it is a vector image, then just submit a 96x96 .svg since it can be
resized without quality loss.

If the submission is a bitmap, I am looking for 2 images.  1) Large
square original and 2) 96x96 version.

The minimum size should be 96x96 to match what we currently have.  In
addition to this, it would be extremely useful for future projects to
have access to a larger square original of the image.  Larger being as
large as your original is.  The original cropped image of my gothDuck
example ended up being 2211x2211 pixels.  Please DO NOT scale up a small
image though...if the original is only 500x500, that's good too, submit
that.  There are no specs for the large image and so it's a bit
flexible.  Think of providing the larger image like including the source.

I recommended scaling down to 48x48 and 24x24 so that you, as the
submitter, can see whether or not your image will work at these use case
sizes.  While useful, these are not necessary as part of the submission.

Hope that helps.

John - Thanks for putting together a wiki for this submission request.

Diana Fong
----
Red Hat Visual Designer