Usability - SIG, Spin, Echo icons [was Re: Icon theme for ubuntu]

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Tue Nov 27 15:42:16 UTC 2007

Martin Sourada wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 23:40 +0100, David Nielsen wrote:
>> [1] http://www.vischeck.com/vischeck/
>
> Thanks for the link,
>
> to have some material to talk about, I've taken some of the newer Echo
> icons (all the 'category' icons [1] are done that way, and more or less
> finished) and run through the filters. I don't see any big issues with
> them, what do you think? I attach the original, plus the processed
> images, that are sadly saved in jpeg which does not give the best
> results...

Those aren't the original echo icons of that size, I had done those
originally and they were put into a straight-on perspective (a must at
that size) and modified to align to the pixel grid. So I guess the icons
I did must have been replaced.

These icons look like sized-down versions of the much larger ones. And
they're not easy to look at; look at the games one, there is some weird
aliasing going on there. They look muddy, not crisp (except for the
add/remove software one but that one is not an echo icon)