Art Studio Spin?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 17:09:14 UTC 2007

On 9/7/07, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro> wrote:
> Sure, but those are Live CDs, so nothing is easily installable on them,

Live images (CD,DVD,USB key whatever makes sense) to hand out, which
can be installed to the harddrive via a desktop icon.

Let me refine the question a little bit. My interest in this
conversation is mainly from a promotional and user/contributor
outreach point of view. Would it be worthwhile to create an art studio
oriented spin as a way to attract interest to open tools from a
segment of the population that could make use of the tools?  I'm
asking on the art list because i think the people who contribute to
Fedora through art creation would have a reasonable idea of the
particulars..being in the trenches already.

And no I'm not thinking about web development. I believe the
development spin is trying to target that group.

And its perfectly fine if the consensus answer is "not really
needed/useful/desired"

-jef