Revamped Echo system-standby icon

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Fri Sep 21 10:14:26 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 11:32 +0200, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Yes, system-standby set is ready. I will add it on trunk soon.
> System-shutdown
> set are there, I made two variants with suffix -a and -b (uppon Jakub
> opinion).
I noticed I forgot to align the 48x48 variant to the pixel grid, so I
attach the fixed version.

> > Just in case someone interested, the gimp work is basically this: export
> > it in inkscape in 10:1 (i.e. for 16x16 export it in 160x160, etc.), open
> > it in gimp, do Gaussian blur with radius 10, resize and run unsharp mask with
> > radius 2 and amount 0.2. The values might vary from icon to icon, e.g for
> > the 32x32 plain resize in gimp was enough.
> >

> I used another method. I opened svg file in Gimp, set the right icon
> size
> and increase the resolution at 300 dpi. Then I save it as png.
>

> Luya

That might caused some of the problems with shadow positioning.

Anyway, I tried to produce a system-shutdown icon (I saw the -a and -b
variants and while the -a one seems better than the original, still the
red seems to be too strong colour...) and I was not able to come with
any colour combination with red in it that I would like - the red seems
to be too strong against all other colours. So I created a variant with
similar colours to those in gnome, I also used the same shape as in
system-stanby, the variant with circle and dash inside seems to be
harder to display correctly, especially in small sizes. I attach it as
well (I did only 48x48 version). If we used this styling then the only
action needed to produce full set would be to change colours in the
system-standby to the system-shutdown and do the same gimp work.