Perspective

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Sat Sep 29 16:38:27 UTC 2007

Hi Jakub,

Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
> Did you ever thinked about letting isometric perspective go away?

I hope I'm not being unfair here - I haven't had the time to follow this
list as carefully as I would have liked the past couple of weeks due to
other commitments so maybe I've missed some things from you -

But you really seem to be making a lot of suggestions about the Echo
icons in a passionate manner without actually DO-ing anything. If you
think that a non-isometric perspective would work better for Echo icons,
why not try converting some of them yourself and using those results to
bolster your opinion?

The direction of this group is really determined by what people actually
DO, not what they say, as in I would assume any other open project such
as this. We obviously welcome feedback from others, but yours seems a
bit more persistent than most which makes me think you would benefit
from taking things a step further yourself by modifying the icons to
prove your point.

Just a suggestion from an observer. And just so I'm transparent here, I
think a lot of people here know that I like the Mist + Gnome icons a lot
better than Echo for various reasons I've outlined in the past and not
bothered to actually act on. ;-)