USB key labels

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Apr 5 14:58:20 UTC 2008

In thinking about loading USB keys of live Fedora 9 for a community
event, I thought it would be cool if we had "Fedora 9 Live" (or
something) stickers/labels to a-fix to them.

All USB keys are not the same size, that is true, but they are often
long and rectangular.  If we had a compact image that was in a
rectangular or square shape, sized to fit common label dimensions, it
would be fairly simple to print to a sheet of paper labels.  Not the
ideal long-term solution, but far less expensive than getting USB keys
printed.

Before I do a bunch of research on label standards, does anyone know
about this already?

What might be good art to work with?  Some of the banner widgets are a
nice shape for a label.  We'd also want a bit more information on it,
such as a URL and copyright info; whatever we put on a DVD label
already.

- Karstren
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41