Fwd: Release Party Flyers

Jeffrey Tadlock linux at elfshadow.net
Mon Apr 7 01:57:40 UTC 2008

On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 2:43 PM, Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > >  What copy do you want for the poster? What do you want it to say? If
> > > you can provide the text, e.g.:

In interests of keeping the flyer towards the generic side and useful
for a large number of people (and my lack marketing lingo  ;)   ), how
about something that says:

Fedora 9   # in big, eye catching text
Release Party   # in slightly smaller text

Then a Fedora graphic in the middle of the sheet and allow room at the
bottom of the text for someone to tweak the design with their
customized local info.

> > >  Time:
> > >  Location:
> > >  Special Notes:
> >
> > Is it possible to have a text box area where an Ambassador could open
> > the flyer and modify the date, time, location and notes section
> > themselves?  My hope is to provide ambassadors with a general release
> > party flyer that they can add in their own date, time and location.
> > That will allow us to use this flyer as a basis for all of the Release
> > Parties we hope to see thrown shortly after the launch of Fedora 9.
>
>  I would guess the simplest way to do this is to keep the date / time /
> location fields blank, let the ambassadors fill this out on a printout using
> a magic marker and then make xerox copies?

Well, it doesn't have to be that simple.  Here is what I have in mind,
the heading text and graphic above and then towards the bottom a spot
fill in the local information of date, time, location, etc.  I figure
most of these flyers will be on 8.5"x11" paper, so we can post a png
for printing in that size on the wiki.  If people need a different
size, they can tweak it from the svg we also post.  With the date,
time, location section blank an ambassador can load the png file into
The Gimp and add in their own text in the area we left.  Do you think
this would work?  We (i.e. I) can post directions on how to modify the
flyer with that information if you think it is at least doable.

Thanks for taking time to discuss this with me.  I know you folks are
swamped with trying to get the theme finished up before the freeze.

Thanks,
Jeffrey