A wallpaper material or what..

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Apr 7 14:35:31 UTC 2008

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
> I vote for one..
>
> A contest maybe for each release.
> Contester given certain theme to work with ( people, ocean,
> animal,sky,waterfalls, etc ).
> Even different category's.  Best photo shot ( unmodified, No tools
> allowed to *better/clean the photo or enhance* ),
> Best photo shot modified ( tools allowed to enhance or better the photo
> ). Best wallpaper created using opensource tools.. etc
> Top 3 in each category would get included in the default package..
> The rest in fedora-wallpapers-extra-contest-release (
> fedora-wallpapers-contest-fc9 )

The absolute minimum for such a think (which I also find useful) would
be for us to have a kind of online gallery where to post the images and
have viewers, votes, comments.
So far we and the infrastructure people were not able to come with a
good solution for that. We talked about MediaWiki, Gallery2, other
galleries, integration of MediaWiki and Gallery 2 and such.