gnome splash and screensaver lock dialog

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 14:30:15 UTC 2008

> On Tue, 2008-04-15 at 11:02 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>
> > I also think the lock screen dialog should look closer to the gdm look.
> > ( as in the frame/look where the user choose his login account )
>
> One of the things that the new gdm architecture should allow us to do
> (in theory, at least) is to _use_ the login screen for unlocking a
> locked session.

Now, *that* would be great! We only need to make the gdm a little
prettier. I myself think that it's a good idea to use plain gtk in there
against standard background, but there's one thing that's kinda missing
- window manager. The "window" in the dialog looks a little strange,
because it does not have any borders and it's just plain rectangle.
Rounded corners and simple border (note, that I mean border only - no
window caption) wouldn't hurt IMHO.

Generally, I dislike themed lock dialogue (but don't like the look of
the unthemed one either), usually it gets a little too fancy and not
much usable. I don't think themes are well fit for such dialogues...