Fedora 9.0 CD/DVD

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 20:11:16 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 12:55 -0400, Max Spevack wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Apr 2008, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>
> > To reiterate a previous comment, we absolutely need to print the URL
> > on the CD/DVD covers -- the back side would be a good place:
> >
> >  http://fedoraproject.org/
>
> I sent an email out a while back about this... I would really like to
> get the artwork to our CD and DVD manufacturer as soon as possible, but
> I don't feel like the art team has settled yet on the designs that they
> want to use as the "official" artwork for this release, that will be
> used on the thousands of professionally made CDs and DVDs that we
> produce.
>
> If we want to minimize the lag time between final release and CDs
> actually being ready, we need to get this artwork pretty much ASAP.

This has continually been painful for every release.  Granted, for
Fedora 10 the design schedule may work out as an improvement, but what
about:

* removing the Werewolf from the F8 design for the disc itself, updating
any dates or numbers as required
* A background-derived cover sleeve, similarly updating names
* Adding the URL to the back cover