System Config design queue submission

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 19:57:55 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-04-27 at 21:18 -0400, Chris Rees wrote:
> I've completed a design queue listed as EPEL, the challenge was to
> create a 'wizard' icon.  I think this one is pretty decent, may need
> to be resized according to it's use, please give me some feedback and
> tell me what you think, where I can improve, etc.

I am not in a place to approve the design (you should consult with the
requester), but just some comments I think might be useful:

* The icon is too complex and hard to recognise in smaller sizes
* One the other hand, the design looks too simple (no gradients, black
borders)

My suggestion would be to drop the blue thing entirely or at least make
it semi-transparent and blurry so as not to obstruct the actual shape of
the icon, make the stars a little shinier or drop them altogether (just
the wand with the big star might do the job quite nicely). Also, add
subtle gradients to fills and remove the black from the border, for the
handle part of the wand, dark brown might work, for the stars, probably
some sort of orange border could work nicely.

Also, though it's not necessary, it would be good to make the icon
following the Tango Icon Theme Guidelines [1].

> Thank You!

Thank you as well and welcome to the team!
> ~Chris~

Martin