Works in Brasil

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Apr 29 07:59:38 UTC 2008

Jayme Ayres wrote:
> Hi Folks

Hi Jayme!

> This is my first message as a member of the official Fedora Project in
> Brazil. We have participated in Mail List for some time, but with
> another address and with little participation in the discussions.

I remember I already saw (and liked) some of your works.

> During the 9 th FISL (one of the biggest events on Open source of
> Latin America) Greg DeKoenigsberg the knowledge that encouraged me to
> make the application and come to the ArtWork team, then I am here and
> the art was used during the event:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/DesignService
> Then I'll post what I have done other work for the project during this time.

All good, but I don't think the DesignService queue is the best place to
post them (or at least, put finished works at the bottom, in the
"Resources Created" section.

But really, that page is a queue of work requirements, a communication
channel between requesters and Art people. Since those are posters, I
believe they are better fitted in the Posters page -
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Posters or in the Marketing
Collateral page -
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/MarketingCollateral (well, those
two pages overlap, which is a "bad thing").

Also, please include sources or high resolution versions of your images,
the purpose of the page is not to show-off our work (for that we use our
blogs and Planet Fedora), it is intended to provide an useful resource
for users.

note: forgive me if I sounded a bit too negative in the reply above.