[Echo] printer sketches

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 08:42:24 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 11:17 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> He provides various versions, including an OGG Theora. Basically is
> about using a single SVG sheet (like
> http://jimmac.musichall.cz/images/blog/twitter.png) for keeping the
> sources for all resolutions.
> This way is easier to reuse gradients or other resources and to visually
> compare the icons.

Ahh, that might be useful. Especially for the reuse of gradients. One of the
cons I can think of now is that you cannot effectively use Inkscape's Icon
Preview feature to check for not-so-obvious shortcomings. Also icon positioning
on the resultant canvas is not obvious from it.

Btw. I've played a little with the printer icon and came up with an
enhancement for crispness ;-) Check the attachment.