Extension? (was Re: Withdrawal of Fedora Theme contest)

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Feb 5 07:49:57 UTC 2008

Máirín Duffy wrote:

> My excuse is vacation and then being super busy having to catch up after
> vacation :( I think maybe we haven't publicized / simply talked about
> the rounds enough this time. The back and forth conversation does help
> to remind and motivate folks I think. I do feel partially responsible
> and I've been quite glad you've picked up the slack with mailing list
> deadline reminders and blog posts.

And I was busy with some personal projects involving clipart and
tutorials, but the thing is the process should not be blocked by a
temporary lack of availability from you, me or some other person.
Some of the people with proposals in Round 1 have blogs and their blogs
are aggregated to planet Fedora, nobody posted updates there and on the
list, AFAIK, only Mola and that was one single time. Like they abandoned
the work after Round 1.

> When we pushed back a week for F8, we did get a lot of additional work
> in that week so I think it's worth a shot. So I do think it can be
> effective.

And this may be a problem. You personally "saved" Infinity in its last
week, if we need to save "Waves" in the last week too, maybe we should
rethink the schedule or the process for F10.

> Some good news, I think Waves is almost ready to meet the round 2
> requirements. There was an earlier idea of linking sulphur to the waves
> to match the f9 codename so I have been working on some mockups of this.
> It just needs an accompanying wallpaper:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F9Themes/Waves#head-98516747c8faef74057e3963e09f522ba7a3ca7b

YES!!!
Almost like how I was thinking about it (but without my tendency to go
overboard)

> They do need some further refinement of course but I think they are
> developed enough to get a feel for what it would look like. One worry I
> have is maybe it is just too dark? But maybe a lighter wallpaper to go
> along with it would make the darkness a little easier to take? Maybe it
> should use dark blue instead of grey? I'm not sure. Any ideas?

We can alternate: F8 was light, F9 will be darker...
Maybe make the grey to have a hue of blue, a blue-grey.