A Thought About F9 Artwork

Michael Beckwith michael.d.beckwith at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 03:40:00 UTC 2008

New themes, that are relatively radically different, I tend to think ARE
Fedora's recognizable look. Something new and well done to greet you
with each release. No you can't satisfy everyone, but that should be
expected. Just look at modern art for an example of that.

Daniel Geiger wrote:
> I believe it would be beneficial to Fedora to stabilize the artwork in
> successive releases.  IMO, radically changing the artwork each release
> detracts from giving Fedora a recognizable look and feel.  I am for
> refining and improving the artwork, though--maybe in the degree to
> which Ubuntu refines their backgrounds.  As someone else said, I also
> believe that the artwork of F8 is a good release to build upon for
> refinements.
> A question of clarification: what exactly is meant here by "theme" --
> GTK+/Metacity, icons, artwork, or something else?
>
> ~Daniel
> *//*

~Michael
http://ridleytx.structed.net (for now)