new tshirts

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Tue Jan 29 22:07:08 UTC 2008

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008, Máirín Duffy wrote:

>> * A "general" Fedora tshirt, to replace the one we have now that is
>> just the Fedora logo on the front.  This will be our "main" swag item
>> for, say, the next year.
>
> Could there be a women's sized version of this as well as a men's
> sized? Even a men's cut only would be okay if it was available in
> small. If any tshirt had both I think it should be this one since it
> is so basic?

Absolutely.

> Will the tshirts be produced centrally and shipped out, or will
> separate locales be producing them locally? Perhaps if we go with some
> kind of slogan we can provide the source artwork for everything and
> make it such that it is easy to replace the text with a more
> appropriate slogan for that locale.

Can't say for sure, but I *hope* it can be done in a way that we can
hand the graphics to companies in different regions, and produce
locally.

So we could have the same general "concept", but have the text be
translated or something for different regions.

>> * a tshirt for FUDCon at the Red Hat Summit in Boston, June 2008, for
>> everyone who shows up.
>
> A few questions on this one:
>
> * Are there any sponsors that have to be listed on this shirt?
> * Does this need to have any Red Hat Summit logos or messaging on it
> or can it be just FUDCon centric?

No sponsors, other than Red Hat, but we don't have to put shadowman on
the shirt unless we want to.

If the designers want to make it related somehow to the RH Summit theme,
that's fine (I'm not sure that the theme has been decided yet).  It
could also be totally independent.

> - do we know what kind of outfits the summit folks are doing for the
> show workers if any? I remember one year at linux world we did red hat
> baseball jerseys, and one year at the summit there were red hat
> cowboy/rodeo shirts - it might be cool to have a shirt that
> complements the summit outfits. e.g., if the summit was doing red hat
> baseball jerseys, we could do fedora tshirts that were styled to look
> like 'fedora' team baseball shirts

I don't think that stuff has been decided yet, but once it is, it would
be a good idea to at least think about some sort of tie-in.

>> * a tshirt for Fedora @ LinuxTag (biggest linux show in europe) in
>> Berlin, May 2008, for the people in the booth and also as a giveaway.
>
> Similar question here, are there sponsors that have to be listed on
> the shirt?

Nope.

> Is LinuxTag very commercial or is it developer-centric or a mix?
> Trying to get a feel of what kind of show it is... do we want a shirt
> that is specific to the event (seems to be appropriate for
> developer-centric conferences) or do we want a more generic/re-usable
> Fedora shirt (seems more appropriate for more commercial or
> user-centric conferences).

I found it to be very user/developer-centric.  Last year our Fedora
booth was right in there with Ubuntu, openSUSE, debian, gnome, kde, etc.
etc.

I think that if we had a shirt specific for that event that our booth
staff was wearing and that we were raffling off or selling, it would go
over very well.

> Thanks, it's a good idea, earlier is always better :)

Hope this helps!  Thanks so much...

--Max