Name status

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 18:26:43 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-27 at 10:08 -0500, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> 2008/6/26 Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com>:
> > Legal rejected all the codenames for the Fedora 10 release, other than
> > "Red Hat Linux," that we sent in the top ten short list on which the
> > Board voted.
>
> Can we get a summary from Legal on why the names were rejected?

If they're rejected, it's usually because there's a name collision with
an existing product that's close enough to Fedora that it's too risky to
use.  It's not because of general unease or fiat. :-)

I'm trying not to generate too much pushback to Legal right now because
they are helping us with a number of other issues right now.  Does this
answer help at all?

--
Paul W. Frields