Waves Grub Artwork

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 12 03:17:18 UTC 2008

Hey Nicu,

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> I tried something: non-centered burning sulfur (SVG, PNG preview and
> splash.xpm.gz). I am not very happy with dithering, even after I heavily
>  edited the results but the aspect ratio problem does not look that bad
> to me with it.
>
> Another try was without the flame, as it was a source of inconvenient
> light pixels, it needed a lot less tweaking after dithering.

I played around with your design to try to get some better results with
the indexing. I ended up lightening the background and dulling the water
reflections a bit, then removing all gradients from the sulphur and
limiting it to 4 shades of yellow. I indexed it using the
Floyd-Steinberg reduced color bleeding method and manually modified it
in the gimp to smooth out the colors.

I'll take a try at the flame, but it's gonna be tough :)