Waves Grub Artwork

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Mar 11 13:37:32 UTC 2008

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Nicu Buculei wrote:
>> I think we can try a workaround: just not use the bubble logo, maybe
>> put just a sulfur crystal and leave it as that, unbranded (hoping the
>> deformation on the crystal is less noticeable).
>> Or is the corner case of GRUB on widescreen display shown only for a
>> couple of seconds when nobody is looking anyway too narrow and we can
>> live with a deformed logo?
>
> You know, that is why I went with the 'fedora' logotype only in the F8
> artwork and not the Fedora infinity logo. I did that one on my
> widescreen monitor. I did this one on my normal 1024x768 monitor. ;)
>
> It definitely seems a good idea to try it with just the sulphur crystal.
> Grub should always say 'Fedora' in the kernel lines text above anyway so
> it should be clear that this is Fedora.

I tried something: non-centered burning sulfur (SVG, PNG preview and
splash.xpm.gz). I am not very happy with dithering, even after I heavily
  edited the results but the aspect ratio problem does not look that bad
to me with it.

Another try was without the flame, as it was a source of inconvenient
light pixels, it needed a lot less tweaking after dithering.

Of course *I can* see the pixels in both on my 20" widescreen display
and further pixel tweaking is still possible.