Applying to the Art group in the Accounts System

Ian Weller ianweller at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 22:48:38 UTC 2008

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Jeff Spaleta wrote:
>>
>> Máirín would need to flush out the idea a little more and create a
>> typical workflow for joining.
>> Here's my suggested strawman.
>>
>> 0) A recruit would need to affirmatively 'sign-out' a task with a
>> deadline for completion.
>>    So noone else is working on it.
>
> I think the workflow should be much simpler... creating a hackergotchi
> was used as an example (but we have similarly "complex" tasks open): for
> someone who know his way with GIMP it is a 10 minutes task at most...
> say 1 hour for a newbie. A deadline with extension and progress
> monitoring looks like overkill here.
On the contrary, if we start receiving a massive influx of new
contributors, we'd need some sort of infrastructure to keep things
relatively sane.

I think some sort of webapp should be written up instead of using a wiki
page.  The wiki page seems disorganized, and I had to look for it at
first, since I never even knew it existed.  :D  It's long -- and I plan to
get a few of those things done...

-- ian