Anyone working on Waves GDM/KDM theme?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Mar 20 06:52:28 UTC 2008

Luya Tshimbalanga <luya_tfz <at> thefinalzone.com> writes:
> What are the major change? It would be nice if you listed the features
> changed from these desktop managers.

I can't say much about GDM, other than that it was completely rewritten and
appears to not use themes at all.

For KDM, the documentation for creating themes for the KDE 4 version is here:
http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdebase-workspace/kdm/kdm-themes.html
and the referenced DTD is there:
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/4.0/kdebase/workspace/kdm/kfrontend/themes/greeter.dtd?revision=757128&view=markup

Unfortunately, there was essentially no documentation at all for the KDE 3 KDM
themes, so it isn't easy to see what changed from that documentation. The way I
ported the F7 and F8 GDM themes to KDM was that I looked at other themes and
copied what they used.

        Kevin Kofler