Waves Syslinux Graphics

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Mar 28 17:45:58 UTC 2008

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Jon Stanley wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 12:03 PM, Máirín Duffy
>> <duffy at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>>
>>>  I'm not sure which version is better. Let me know what you think. I
>>>  tried adding sulphur to them but it didn't really come out right.
>>
>>> From the peanut gallery over here, I like version 2 better.  It will
>> give more contrast to the top of the screen where folks are trying to
>> read what syslinux is presenting to them.
>
> And I like better version 1. for consistency (all the other screens have
> reflection in the water, not on an additional plane) and 2. for physical
> reasons (we have waves on a liquid surface and a plane and is not
> realistic at all - the water is like a wall).
>
> However, I agree the second look more contrasting and we had that bottom
> reflection plane in F8 too.

Yeh that's a really good point. I like the contrast of #2 but it does
look pretty unnatural. I think #1 is a more consistent choice with the
rest of the theme.

What I'm gonig to do is fade out the waves to dark in #1 as I did in #2.
I think that would make #1 look a little better. Then I think maybe
would should go with #1.