[Echo] Reworked media-optical icon

Luya Tshimbalanga luya_tfz at thefinalzone.com
Sun May 4 22:38:09 UTC 2008

Quoting Martin Sourada <martin.sourada at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I've just finished reworking the media-optical icon to follow the
> guidelines and to have all the necessary sizes. There remains one simple
> question to answer (apart from approval from you ;-) - how we will make
> the derivations: media-optical-{cd,dvd,bd,hddvd}? Just add the text (CD,
> DVD, BLU-RAY, HD DVD)? Use label with the text? Use different colours?
> Any suggestions? I'd prefer one of the text variants, since it's clear
> what the text says (while different colours might cause confusion).
> Also, there is an alternative that we just symlink all those to
> media-optical...

FYI, Fedora 9 seems to use emblems for the media. As for the optical-media, I
honestly don't think this kind of gradient works due to their metallic and
dispersion nature. Having different colours would be enough and leave the label
for the emblem purpose.

--
Luya Tshimbalanga
Fedora Project contributor