F9 Launch Banner

Michael Beckwith michael.d.beckwith at gmail.com
Wed May 7 04:24:37 UTC 2008

Not sure about the difficulty level, but how about have the 3
screenshots "fall" from the ceiling and land in a "puddle of water" and
cause waves as they land? It could be fun to animate, and to save time,
have them all drop at the same time or something.

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> So it looks like we need a banner for the front page of FPO for the F9
> launch. I think Ricky and tw2113 were working taking screenshots of F9
> for the website. Do you guys have those screenshots publicly
> accessible somewhere? I'm thinking we could use them for the banner.
>
> Our tagline is: "Fedora 9. Make Waves."
>
> A couple of ideas for the main banner layout to correspond with this:
>
> 1) Have three screenshots that are all shined-up and blinged-up in
> three portal things with small, glowing pieces of sulphur surrounding
> them. Think three bottles of cold brew in ice, except the gleaming
> sulphur crystals are the ice and the screenshots are the brew. :) Pro:
> blingy, easy to do quickly. Con: Tagline is about waves, and this
> emphasizes sulphur.
>
> 2) Have three screenshots emerge from the water in a dark cave-like
> environment (ala
> http://www.simplenomics.com/wp-images/beowulf'sangelinajolie.jpg). The
> edges of the screenshots are glowing and cast bright reflections in
> the rippled water. Pro: fits with tagline, blingy. Con: Might take
> longer to do.
>
> If we keep the banner text-free (no translations to worry about) then
> we can just have the byline run along top the graphic in plaintext.
>
> Whatchu think? Any other ideas?
>
> ~m

~Michael
http://ridleytx.structed.net (for now)