F11 Schedule

Máirí­n Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 16 01:23:51 UTC 2009

John Poelstra wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> As Mairin mentioned on the list, several us met at FUDCon to fine tune
> the release schedules for each of the teams.  Our ultimate goals is to
> make the release process smoother and better coordinated so that the
> hard work everyone does is recognized and included in the release on time.
>
> My first draft of the art schedule is here:
> http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-11/f-11-art-tasks.html
>
> Here are a few questions I had while working through the schedule:
>
> 1) Shouldn't there be a milestone for choosing the final icon theme and
> "look & feel" for the release like preferably at Beta or Feature so
> there is time to tune and clean up for GA?

If Echo is again proposed as a feature as it was for F10 then I would
say that should operate under the guidelines for proposing features and
follow those deadlines.

> 2) Is it a correct assumption that the splash screens are completed
> after the wallpaper and most likely based on the wallpaper?

Yep.

> 3) On Sunday we discussed the banners that need to be created for GA.  I
> caputred them in the following way, but need more clarification:
>
> We said there are three banners for GA:
>   a) large banner
>   b) "the release is out, go get it"
>   c) release name on start.fedoraproject.org
>
>   Q: where are the banners for #a and #b displayed once finished?

a & b  are displayed on the front page of fedoraproject.org

> We also said that all of the banners need to be translated.
>   Q: does this apply to only #a and #b or does #c apply too?

It depends on the particular design. At a minimum, #a will have a
tagline that goes with it that needs translation. (eg right now we have
"Fedora 10 - Fire it up"